Thursday, February 26, 2015

I am a Kelly Clarkson fan and you need to be too

I always thought Kelly Clarkson was cool even when I saw her win American Idol all those years ago. But I admit I never bought a single CD that she put out. That changes today. Because I believe in supporting any star that bucks the status quo among their peers and says the are pro-gun and pro-second amendment.

In a recent interview with Us Weekly Magazine, she revealed 25 things about herself that you probably did not know. I will post that excerpt below, but the most important thing you need to be aware of is number 24.

She is a concealed carry holder.

LOVE YA' KELLY!

1. Ever since I was a kid, I have wanted to be the singing and talking voice for an animated film. 
2. I want to be on Broadway. I fell in love with NYC when I recently spent two weeks there just for fun.
3. I have abnormally short arms.
4. When I was 11, I was convinced I was going to marry Sully from Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman.
5. I am addicted to tea and coffee. Doesn’t have to be caffeinated. I love the whole process of making tea and/or coffee. It soothes me, for some odd reason.
6. My favorite movies are An Affair to RememberOut of AfricaGladiator, and Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby. 
7. My favorite bakery is called Busy B’s Bakery in Burleson, Texas. I’ve ordered the same thing since I was 10 years old: Bavarian cremes and sausage rolls.
8. I can take a two-hour bath easily, but it has to have bubbles and essential oils.
9. When I was pregnant with [8-month-old] River Rose and so sick, I’d get sucked into the vortex that is YouTube, watching clips of Ellen DeGeneres, Jimmy Fallon, and anything Meryl Streep–related.
10. Also while pregnant, I was extremely hormonal and miserable from vomiting. I apparently called my assistant crying, “I’ll never be Meryl Streep!” I don’t remember this, but I don’t think my assistant could make that kind of ridiculous statement up.
11. I love cleaning out my ears. I’m obsessed with Q-tips and ear candling.
12. I secretly want to try out for The Voice to see if I can get all four chairs to turn around.
13. I cannot understand the fact that controlled narcotic substances and alcohol are legal and weed isn’t. How many people do you know who have died from weed? My point exactly.
14. I can still remember how peaceful I felt the very first time I saw my husband, [Brandon Blackstock], almost nine years ago.
15. I wanted to be Dixie Carter from Designing Women or Clair Huxtable from The Cosby Show when I was little.
16. I’ve never liked the beach or lying out in the sun for vacations. I’d rather be in the mountains wrapped up in a blanket on a cold day with a bottle of wine and a great book.
17. My favorite drink in the entire world is called the Milkbone at Fido in Nashville.
18. One day, I will build a secret garden like the one in the novel.
19. I have a horse called The Unicorn because he is perfect and anyone can ride him.
20. Until I was 19, I thought the title of the song was “Secret Asian Man” instead of “Secret Agent Man.”
21. I cried for a solid hour on the phone with the creator of American Idol and pleaded to be let out of the contract that said I had to film From Justin to Kelly.
22. Most of the time I love animals more than I love humans.
23. My favorite books are MatildaJane EyrePersuasion, and A Little Princess.
24. I have a concealed handgun license.
25. I hate Brussels sprouts and can’t stand that every time I say that, somebody always says, “Oh, but you’ve never tried mine!” I love and eat every kind of vegetable, but not that one. 


Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/kelly-clarkson-25-things-you-dont-know-about-me-2015252#ixzz3SrDhRlex

No comments:

Post a Comment